Want to Know How to Install Apps on LG Smart TV from USB. There is a feature for USB upgrade that lets you install Apps on LG smart TV from USB. Although there are plenty of Apps on LG’s Content Store that you can access without any hurdle. Even though there is a difference between Digital Signage and Commercial line of TVs, we show how to install apps on LG smart TV from USB yourself. You will install Apps and implement as many apps you want on on your own Smart TV.
How to Install Apps on LG Smart TV from USB 2021
Apps Install with LG Smart TV WebOS
Connect your TV to the internet using Wi-Fi or a hotspot. Then go to the Content Store, and here you find all the manufacturer Apps, Movies, and Shows. Installing apps from the official LG content store is really easy, and it takes seconds to download an App. Smart TVs play the role of big Smartphones as they are based on Android Operating System. They can configure as smartphones and perform various tasks, like media playback, video call, run apps, and games, and can configure as a smart display for Google and Alexa. To install Apps from the LG content stores, you can follow these steps.
- Go to your TV Apps menu and open the LG Content Store using the remote.
- Here it shows lots of TV Shows, Movies and Apps Collections.
- Then head toward the Apps tab from the Collection.
- The Apps collection will open, and it shows all the available apps for your TV.
- You can browse the app store and search for all apps you need.
- Click on the App you want to Install, then press ok to download.
- The store is pretty optimized, and for the TV platform, it is good.
- When the app is installed, it will show up on your home screen.
- Click launch, and it will open on your LG TV.
- If you are looking for a 3rD party App that is not on the LG Content Store.
- Go to Intenet and do a search for the App and download it.
- The thing here is LG TV supports some Apps, and some are not, but you can try.
- For Uninstalling an App, you can go to the edge of home screen Apps.
- Here you find the Edit tab, click, and it will align all the installed apps.
- Now hover over App you want to Uninstall, press the up button from the remote and Uninstall it.
Add Apps on LG Smart TV connecting USB Devices.
Adding up Apps from external devices like USB sticks on LG TVs is not possible officially as the WebOS Signage Player runs on LG TV, which has its own Content App Store for installing Apps. So it limits the downloads of Apps and does not run every App from the internet. For downloading third-party apps on LG Smart TV, you need to acquire a Chromecast, Firestick, or Roku streaming stick device. Maybe there is another way to install Apps from USB on LG TV, but unfortunately, it is what it is. You can use either of the following suggestions and do it properly or continue your hunt for a way to install Apps from USB on LG TV.
Chromecast is a Google teaming media device that can mount to any TV or Display and contribute to streaming. It has compact features and can control with a Smartphone. You can run it on all the platforms and play content from your smartphone, displayed on the TV connect with the Chromecast. It comes in a minimalistic design dongle with an HDMI that connects to your TV port. It works on all Android and iOS compatible devices and accommodates 4K and 1080p video streaming with audio. It can run all the Apps on TV without being installed on TV Operating System.
Amazon Firesticks are the most compelling choice for running all sorts of streaming apps on TV. It has its own inbuilt Operating System and plug-in with the TV’s HDMI port. It is very portable and has a very well build operating system with some cool features. You can take it anywhere, plug it into any TV and start streaming your favorite channels and shows. The Amazon Fire TV Stick has its own Bluetooth control remote and supports all the Amazon Accounts, and can upload pictures and videos to personal cloud storage. It has a Wi-Fi extender and optional control via voice controls when enabled.
Check Out: How to Change NAT Type PC
The Roku Streaming Stick is the same concept device for streaming on TV. It is a cheap device in comparison with Amazon FireStick devices. It has the vast majority of Apps for streaming and everything else. The device has the same connection with HDMI cable as the Firestick and shares the same design. It also requires an external power source with a power adapter plug at the end. It needs the power to run full 4K Dolby Vision HDR10 content on the TV with seamless quality. For downloading 3rD party Apps, it allows users full freedom to install Apps of choice, unlike other streaming devices.